Thursday, September 23, 2010

Horses

One of my all time dreams has been to raise horses. Some friends of ours have a small ranch about 7 miles from their home where they keep broodmares and their babies.

For the past few weeks I have had the privlege of visiting and feeding these mothers and babies every day. I have a key to get in the gate, and I feed and check water every day. There are two fillies (female baby) and one stud colt (male baby), and the mothers are very protective.

After I carry the hay to each pen, I spend a little time visiting with the mothers and watching the little ones eat and play. It's like a dream come true! Ownership was never really my thing; just being able to watch them grow and develop is the greatest experience. Thank you so much to our friends!

1 comment: